Saturday, February 18, 2012

Marxism and Radical Libertarianism Links

Since it came up in class, I thought I'd post some things here.  The great thing about Marx is that his combination of being in the public domain and having fanatical devotees means you can get almost anything you like of his online!

The piece I was talking about that lays out the distinction between Marx' view and a pure "labor theory of value" is The Critique of the Gotha Programme.

If you want more, the piece that we're planning to use for the Ph.D. normative comprehensive exam is the Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844.

The book I had in mind when I was discussing a version of libertarianism that simply dispenses with democracy even for the minimal state that's left is Hoppe's Democracy: the God that Failed.  To be fair(1), it's probably more accurate to call Hoppe an anarcho-capitalist than a libertarian.  To be fair(2), I know this book entirely via secondary discussions (though the link is to the author discussing it, so should at least not be unfair to his views, I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment